Linkage with Industry
SBS has strong interaction with the industry and direct understanding and/or collaboration with some of the prominent industrial houses of Punjab for in-industry student training, provisioning of guest faculty from amongst its professional staff and participation in live experiential learning projects. Some of these are:
- Trident Group (Abhishek Industries, Industrial Organics)
- Hero Group of Companies (Hero Cycles, Hero Honda, Hero Motors, Majestic Auto)
- Vardhman Group
- Ralson India
- Metro Group (Metro Tyres, Ortem Fans)
- Sohrab Group of Companies
- Financial Services such as Banks and Insurance Companies
- Consultants like Grow Talents
Linkage with Community
SBS is socially conscious and responsible organisation. It has close links, particularly through its Chairman/Director and trustees, with Ludhiana Management Association (LMA), Punjab Commerce and Management Association (PCMA), Rotary Club, Knitwear Club and Small Industry Services Institute (SISI). We are very closely associated (as founder President & Patron) with SPICMACAY movement in Ludhiana, Punjab for the promotion of Indian classical music and culture amongst youth including school children.
Linkage with other Technical Institutions
Apart from business and industry, SBS also aims at developing very strong bonds with academicians and management institutes of repute in Punjab and adjoining states. Our chairman/Director is already a member, Board of Governors, Apeejay Institute of Management and Technology, Jalandhar and visiting faculty and advisor to the Department of Business Management, PAU, Ludhiana. Moreover, he has very close rapport with Management Departments of GNDU, Amritsar; Punjabi University, Patiala; Panjab University, Chandigarh; Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra; besides RIMT, Mandi Gobindgarh; Gyanjyoti Institute of Management and Technology, Mohali; GNIMT Ludhiana; Sri Aurobindo College of Commerce and Management, Ludhiana and many others national institutes of repute such as Department of Management at Rourkee University, Nirma University, etc.
In search of excellence to become a B-School of global standards, we have already developed good linkages with senior faculty and management experts from USA and other parts of the world. Some of them are on our Advisory Boards. SBS has signed MOU with Modern Technology and Management Institute (MTMI), USA while talks are on for several other such partnerships and collaborations. (www.mtmi.us)
In collaboration with MTMI, Washington, SBS has been bringing out a Bi-Annual INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF EFFECTIVE MANAGEMENT. It is published online in the USA and in-print form in India.
SBS & Knitwear Cluster in Brand Building
Ludhiana Knitwear Cluster is one of the 21 SME Clusters in India that has been identified by the World Bank for further growth and innovative cluster management. Synetic Business School (SBS) is actively involved in this process so far as Ludhiana Knitwear Cluster is concerned. Synetic Business School (SBS) had undertaken, in collaboration with Apex Cluster Development Services, Two projects. The First project, entitled “DEVELOPMENT OF BETTER MARKETING CHANNELS FOR THE LUDHIANA KNITWEAR INDUSTRY” dealt with the existing marketing channels, their effectiveness and the need to bring about changes in the channel management process of small scale knitwear firms in Ludhiana. A team of experienced researchers and experts from SBS headed by Dr. M A Zahir, well known management expert and Chairman SBS, conducted a market survey for which a detailed Audit Instrument/ Questionnaire was developed to gather the necessary information. For this purpose, 10 manufacturers who were selling their products through wholesalers and another 10 firms selling their products direct to retailers were identified after an Interactive Session with the selected entrepreneurs. The project throws light on the problems confronting these small units as regards their distribution channels and related marketing activities. It also helps in fine-tuning their channel management system.
The other project related to cluster marketing approach entitled “A STUDY OF POSSIBILITY OF CONSORTIA FORMATION FOR COMMON BRAND FOR SMALL SCALE KNITWEAR INDUSTRY”, which has assumed great significance for the future survival and growth of knitwear SMEs in a highly competitive domestic and global market for knitwear products. A number of models for collaborative marketing have been developed that are likely to be quite conducive to brand building. For these cluster marketing models to be operative, a marketing audit will be done for 20-25 selected knitwear firms, to be followed by a rigorous focus group interactive exercise. The purpose is to identify and fine-tune the models for collaborative marketing and their acceptance by the participating firms. Finally strategies and action plans will be prepared and the entrepreneurs will be helped by the SBS experts to implement the same. In addition, SBS is also working on developing other projects for the SME Knitwear Cluster in Ludhiana. These project are monitored in India by SIDBI Project management Division.
CONSORTIA FORMATION OF NGOS & MOBILIZERS UNDER
ZYAN EDUCATION TRUST
ACTIVITIES UNDER THE PROJECT
- To make a database of available female/ male operators (trained or untrained) from rural & surrounding areas who are interested in working with Knitwear core & allied industries.
- To arranging placements as and when required by the industry.
- Signing of MOU with different Trade and Business Associations , Industries for manpower requirement.
- To create a portal to provide information about this activity & to popularize the data base.
- Signing MOU with NGOs, charitable institutions for providing Manpower to cater the needs of the industry.
- To create a database of 1000-1500 operators to meet the objectives.
To make a database of available female/ male operators (trained or untrained) from rural & surrounding areas who are interested in working with Knitwear core & allied industries following methodology will be adopted;
- A list of 172 source areas (rural/semi-urban) has been prepared. More areas will be added (Annexure –I)
- A list of 69 schools has been prepared where vocational courses are given at 10+2 level. More schools will be added (Annexure – II)
- A list of Anganwadi workers will be prepared for contact program
- A list of village head (Sarpanch) will be prepared.
- A list of prominent members of the villages will be prepared.
- A registration form will be designed, which will record all the particulars of the interested candidates. It will be absolutely free of cost.
- Data will be generated by organizing contact programs at every village level in which all the source persons (S.No. 3,4 and 5)will be actively involved.
- Door to door campaign program will be initiated with the help of source persons for those candidates who are not able to participate in the contact programs.
- The registered candidates will be assessed for their present skill level with the help of ” skill assessment module ” designed specifically for the purpose.
- The entire database will be uploaded in various categories on a new website created for the purpose. The website will be further linked with all major associations.
- The MoU will be signed with at least 5 NGOs for regular mobilization.
- A series of motivational programs will be organized in the villages for imparting awareness and motivating unemployed youth for gainful and regular employment. Some audio visual aids/ documentary film will also be created for the purpose.